Wills & Probate Solicitor
At Muscatt Walker Hayim, our highly experienced Wills & Probate team offer expert legal advice to our clients across all aspects of Wills, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Inheritance and Estate Planning.
As a central London law firm, based in the heart of London’s West End, just off Baker Street and a stone’s throw from Marylebone, Paddington and Regent’s Park, our clients include local residents and high net worth and high profile individuals.
Our client-focused approach is built on getting to know our clients, their needs and their business interests. By understanding our clients’ individual requirements, we are able to look after their interests to ensure we provide the best possible legal advice, every time.
Our specialist Wills & Probate lawyers advise our clients on matters including:
- Will Drafting
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Inheritance Tax
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Appointment of Guardians
- Court of Protection applications
- Wills for high net worth and high profile individuals
- Wills in complex family circumstances
Our Wills & Probate team offers a broad range of expertise to meet individual clients' needs, no matter how complex. We work closely with other specialist solicitors within the firm, particularly from our Property and Family Law teams, allowing our clients to draw on a wealth of knowledge and expertise from across the firm.
Wills Solicitors in Central London
Many people put off making a Will for as long as possible, but it is potentially the most important document you will ever sign. It is crucial that your Will is drafted correctly and you receive appropriate advice on Inheritance Tax planning if you want to protect your loved ones upon your death and ensure they benefit from your assets, whether those are in the UK or overseas.
Our experienced Wills Lawyers will take the stress out of it and give you peace of mind that your estate will be administered in accordance with your wishes. Failing to make a Will could result in your assets passing to members of your family from whom you are estranged.
Whether your intentions are simple, such as leaving your entire estate to your spouse or civil partner, or more complex, involving trusts for young children, we will use our extensive knowledge and experience to advise you of your options and ensure your Will is drafted clearly, correctly, and tax-efficiently.
We can advise you on considerations for the preparation of your Will, including:
- Choosing who inherits your assets
- Designating items you want specific people to receive
- Reducing financial problems for Beneficiaries
- Choosing Legal Guardians for young children
- Choosing Executors
- Setting up Trusts for children or grandchildren
- Making Charitable Donations
- Funeral Arrangements and whether you prefer burial or cremation
- Avoiding family disputes and matters of contention
- Retaining your Will safely and keeping it available for review
Once you have made your Will, we also advise reviewing it on a regular basis to take account of any changes in the law, or your financial or family circumstances.
Trusts & Inheritance Tax Planning
There are numerous reasons why you may wish to set up a Trust for your assets during your lifetime or upon your death. Trusts are governed by complex legal regulations and separate tax rules. Our experienced solicitors can offer expert legal advice on the many important considerations when setting up a Trust and how it will be controlled and administered.
Our specialist team can also advise you on Inheritance Tax considerations in relation to Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Estate Administration. We can assist with Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax considerations and refer you to appropriate financial specialists in complex or urgent cases.
Our highly-experienced Probate solicitors regularly help our clients to deal with the administration of estates following the death of a family member, friend or loved one. We can assist with probate both in relation to a Will and intestacy (where there is no Will).
If you are acting as an Executor, we can assist you with the following:
- Notifying Beneficiaries of their interest in the Estate
- Tracing Missing Beneficiaries
- Calculating Beneficial Entitlements and any potential claims against the Estate
- Completing and filing the Inheritance Tax Account
- Advising on Tax Reliefs and Exemptions, how to finance any tax due, and arranging payment
- Finalising Income Tax and settling any outstanding liability
- Applying for Grants of Representation
- Collecting money and assets
- Settling debts or expenses
- Arranging the placement of Notices to protect you against personal liability
- Dealing with the transfer or sale of any property owned by the deceased
- Preparing Estate Accounts to inform the Executors and Beneficiaries of how the Estate has been administered
- Handling Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 Claims
We know that clients often instruct us at a difficult time to deal and we understand the importance of dealing with matters in a sensitive, clear, and timely manner. Our practical and well-informed advice will help to ensure the Estate is administered as efficiently and quickly as possible.